Lasagna an old family favorite; traditionally oozing with bolognese meat sauce topped off by layers of cheesy bechamel sauce.
It tastes good but I usually find it’s so rich leaving me feeling heavy and lethargic at the end of the meal… which probably has something to do with the heavy fat content.
But if you are like me and have a soft spot for Italian food and cheesy things then why not consider this lighter version of Lasagna and at under 300 calories per serving what’s not to love!
The lasagna recipe below can be one of the easy healthy meals that you and your family will surely love and it can be included into 5:2 fasting diet plan and weekly meal plans.
Lasagna at below 300 calories is the perfect dinner for fasting day or any day of the week!
Check out the recipe below…
- 9 lasagna noodles/sheets (774 calories)
- 1 1/3 cups (6oz) fat-free cottage cheese (213 calories)
- ¾ cup (6oz) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (416 calories)
- 2/3 cup (6oz) part-skim ricotta cheese (238 calories)
- ¼ cup (1oz) fresh Parmesan, grated (110 calories)
- 1 (8oz) packet of frozen chopped spinach, thawed with excess water removed (53 calories)
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, minced (2 calories)
- 1 tbsp mustard (12 calories)
- ½ tbsp salt (0 calories)
- ½ tbsp dry mustard (2 calories)
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper (0 calories)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (18 calories)
- 2 large egg whites (34 calories)
- 1 large egg (72 calories)
- 1 (26oz) jar fat-free pasta sauce, divided (361 calories)
- Cooking spray (0 calories)
- ¼ cup (1oz) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (80 calories)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C
- Cook the noodles following the package instructions. Don’t add salt and fat.
- Combine the cottage cheese, cream cheese, and ricotta cheese in a large bowl; stir to blend well. Stir in Parmesan and next 8 ingredients in the list including spinach, spices, and eggs.
- Spread ½ cup pasta sauce in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles/sheets over pasta sauce; top with 1/3 of cheese mixture and 1/3 of remaining pasta sauce.
- Repeat layers, spreading remaining pasta sauce and cheese mixture over noodles.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with mozzarella, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Servings: 8 servings
Calories: 298 per serving
Great for next day lunches and can be kept frozen for meals on the run during mid-week madness!
If the vegetarian version above is not to your liking, for a healthier meat-based lasagna recipe, instead of using lean ground beef you can use ground turkey which is healthier and has fewer calories, and with the rich tomato sauce, you hardly notice the difference.
For more low-calorie recipe dinner meals, breakfast, lunch, or snack meals and meal plans why not check out the Healthy and Delicious 5:2 Low-Calorie Recipe Book.