On fasting days, a good breakfast is essential to make sure that you keep your energy levels up and don’t slip from the fasting diet plan.
A great way to keep calories low and to obtain adequate nutrition is to try out a low-calorie breakfast smoothie.
We chose a nutritious blend of banana, apple juice and berries that can be whipped up in minutes.
Bonus factor: loads of antioxidants from the berries!
- ½ cup blueberries – 42 calories
- ½ cup raspberries – 32 calories
- 1 medium sliced banana (ripe) – 90 calories
- ½ cup apple juice (unsweetened) – 57 calories
- 1 ½ teaspoons honey – 32 calories
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon or cinnamon powder – 1 calorie
- ½ cup ice – 0 calories
Simply add the ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until the fruit is all chopped up. Stir well and then blend the mixture until smooth and drinkable.
Calories: 127 per serving
PS. If you would like some more recipe ideas for your 5 2 fasting diet days, please click here.